Safety Rules For Golfers
Safety measures are set out below. It is important to stress these measures are temporary and hopefully short term. The protocol is due to be reviewed first on the 12th April when there is potential for relaxation, depending on the ongoing public health situation. With cautious compliance and care we look forward to moving steadily forward.
BRS Tee Bookings:
- Members will only get access to the course with a pre-booked tee time. Times can be booked through the BRS app or BRS website. This is to facilitate track and trace arrangements.
- Members should note bookings will go live at 8am on Monday 29th March.
- The timesheet will initially be set up for 2 ball play at 8 minute intervals. This allows us to maximise participation levels whilst ensuring that the 2 household rule is followed.
- Members can only book one tee time per day. Members can only book 3 days during the week.
- Members can play on both Saturday (9 holes only) & Sunday (18 holes) however if playing both days one of the tee times must be after 1.30pm.
- Saturday bookings (9 holes only) will be for 2 balls only on both nines at 8 minute intervals throughout the day.
- The timesheet will be monitored to ensure compliance with the above booking rules. Members who book multiple times will have all bookings removed.
- Please ensure any bookings not being used are cancelled in advance. Persistent/multiple ‘no shows’ will have their BRS account suspended.
- We would ask members to confirm with their playing partner prior to booking who will make the booking. This is to avoid situations whereby names accidently appear on the timesheet multiple times.
- Members are reminded to arrive at the club no more than 15 minutes prior to starting their round. Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- On arrival members should report to the front foyer where a ranger will have the timesheet. Only those whose names are on the timesheet will be permitted to play.
- The practice ground, practice net and practice putting green will remain closed at this time.
- Holes must be played in order starting from the 1st tee except on a Saturday when both 9s will be in operation for 9 hole play only. No cutting across holes is permitted.
- Golfers should leave the course and premises immediately upon completion of their round.
- All members must swipe their cards at Reception before proceeding to play.
- These rules are subject to change and golfers are asked to visit our website prior to each visit.
To ensure that the game is played safely, golfers must observe the following rules:
In advance of play:
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Ensure that you have sufficient numbers of golf balls, markers, tees to avoid having to exchange equipment with others.
- Wash your hands and your golf equipment before you leave home.
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household only.
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
- Observe physical distancing rules at all times following your arrival at the club.
On the course:
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- Observe physical distancing at all times on the course.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing ground.
- Do not exchange or share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- If your ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, don’t take an option under the rules that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Instead, use an option that allows you to keep your position on the course.
- Do not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
- Do not use rakes in bunkers.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole.
After your round:
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Do not store your equipment in your locker.
- Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines.
- In addition, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Use the toilet facilities before you leave home.
- Bring your own hydration/food to the course.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course & use regularly during the round.
- Please note, customers are required to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt from wearing one, when inside the clubhouse.
- We would ask members to ensure they respect and comply with the regulations at all times.
- Downstairs toilets will be open, operating a one in, one out system. Please follow all signage in relation to their use. All other areas of the clubhouse will remain out of bounds.
- The locker rooms are closed. Any members requiring access to their locker should contact the office and a time will be arranged for you to collect your equipment. Once equipment has been removed it should be kept at home – it must not be re-stored at the golf club at this time.
Membership fees not paid before 31st March will have no access to BRS tee booking system.
We hope these restrictions will only be in place for a limited period of time and we thank members in advance for their co-operation in following the guidelines to ensure a safe return to golf.
Watch the Safety Video below from GUI/ ILGU/ Golfnet: