Safety Rules For Golfers – Step 3
Following the announcement from the First & Deputy First Minister of the changes to the Northern Ireland Executive's Coronavirus Recovery Plan for the Safe Return of Society & Business, the GUI and ILGU have confirmed that the Golf protocol will move to Step 3.
These rules set out the basis on which golf can be played in a safe manner, during Step 3 of the Northern Ireland Executive’s Plan for moving out of Lockdown. Golfers are expected to observe the underlying public health guidance set out at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/coronavirus-covid-19
These rules are subject to change and golfers are asked to visit our website prior to each visit.
To ensure that the game is played safely, golfers must observe the following rules:
In advance of play:
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Schedule your tee-time online by using your BRS online booking account or visiting www.castlereaghhills.com. Under no circumstances should you arrive at the club without booking in advance.
- Four balls are permitted to play together observing social distancing rules. Tee off times will be scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Members are permitted to bring one guest per day from Monday 22nd June. Tee off times must be booked online. Guest bookings at Castlereagh Hills at the weekends are permitted only after 2.00pm. All guest bookings must be paid for before you arrive at the course by contacting reception on 028 9044 8477.
- Visitors are welcome from Monday 29 June. Tee off times must be booked and paid for online.
- Failure to pay for your guest before arriving at the course may result in your guest being unable to play.
- You may only book one tee time per day
- Ensure that you have sufficient numbers of golf balls, markers, tees to avoid having to exchange equipment with others.
- Wash your hands and your golf equipment before you leave home.
- Aim to arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes prior to play.
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household only.
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
- Observe physical distancing rules at all times following your arrival at the club.
- If necessary, retrieve your clubs, shoes and other equipment from your locker.
- Change your shoes in the car park.
- Warm-up alone. Observe physical distancing rules on the practice putting green.
- Avoid holing out on practice putting green, putt to a tee-peg instead.
On the course:
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- Observe physical distancing at all times on the course.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing ground.
- Do not exchange or share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- If your ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, don’t take an option under the rules that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Instead, use an option that allows you to keep your position on the course.
- Do not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
- Do not use rakes in bunkers.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole.
After your round:
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Do not store your equipment in your locker.
- Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines.
- In addition, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Use the toilet facilities before you leave home.
- Bring your own hydration/food to the course.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course & use regularly during the round.
Watch the Safety Video below from GUI/ ILGU/ Golfnet: